Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ringing in the New Year


As I was sitting on my aunts couch the other day with her laptop, I was scanning Pinterest and I came upon a beautifully made blog. It inspired me nonetheless, and now I have made a commitment for my well being to post often, every night if possible so that I can make my dreams come true.

I'd like to become an author one day, and I think that this blog will only  help expand my writing abilities, almost as an exercise so that I can get into the habit of writing every day. 

Now, I don't believe in making resolutions. I feel like New Years Resolutions are just a list of unrealistic expectations we have for ourselves. We struggle to keep up with them, and lets be real: they end up stunting our confidence and make us think of ourselves as failures. Who will really run 5 miles a day, get straight A's and never fail ONE test, grow out their hair by a foot? Unless you're a marathon runner, a genius, or on some type of hair steroid, don't expect to do these things successfully throughout the entire year. Therefore  I don't put false hope in myself to do the impossible. Commitments and goals are the way to go.

What are my goals this year? Here are some...
1. Strengthen my relationship with God
2. Strengthen my relationship with Chris and my family
3. Learn to embrace my last year and a half of high school
4. Become more involved at church
5. Be more selfless
6. Do the best I can in school
7. Eat healthier
8. Run around the block a few times a week
9. Continuously post and expand my blog
10. Organization

Always,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment